F. Ashley Cooper,
B Psych (Hons), M Psych (Clinical), MAPS
Ashley Cooper is a registered psychologist and a full member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS). She completed her undergraduate training at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, and her Masters training at Griffith University on the Gold Coast.
Psychologist Treating Children, Adolescents and Adults
Ashley has experience working with children, adolescents and adults and has practiced in private clinics, schools and community based settings. She provides a warm, non-judgemental, empathic approach and encourages clients to engage fully in the therapeutic process to achieve optimal outcomes. She uses evidence-based therapeutic methods and is competent in a variety of treatment approaches including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), mindfulness, exposure therapy, motivational interviewing and solution-focused therapy.
Ashley enjoys helping individuals with concerns such as:
- Anxiety including social anxiety, phobias, panic attacks, chronic worry, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self-esteem, self-confidence and assertiveness
- Child Anger/Explosive Behaviour
- Childhood ADHD
- Parenting concerns
- Cognitive Assessments –adults and children
- Grief and Loss
- Adjustment – retirement, school transitions, migration
- Dementia/geriatric psychology
- Stress, coping and relaxation
- Personality Disorders
- Addiction – alcohol, drug, gambling
Although she grew up in the UK, Ashley moved to Australia eight years ago and is loving the lifestyle here. She is passionate about helping individuals to overcome their mental health issues and improve their quality of life. She understands that seeking professional help can be a difficult step and encourages you to seek this support from someone who really cares.
To make an appointment with Ashley Cooper try Online Booking – Mt Gravatt or call (07) 3088 5422.
Articles of Interest by Brisbane Psychologist Ashley Cooper:
- A New Family Member
- A Teen’s Guide to Breaking Up
- Anger in Children
- Are You a Hypochondriac?!
- Caring for a Dementia Sufferer?
- Dealing with Fussy Eaters
- Encouraging Healthy Lifestyles in Children
- Exposure Therapy for Phobias
- Helping your Child to Start High School
- How Much Sleep do Teenagers Need?
- How to Relax
- Managing your Difficult Boss
- Post Abortion Counselling
- Retirement: A Beginning not an End
- Surviving University
- Tips for Surviving Christmas
- Unhelpful Thinking Styles
- Winter Depression: Seasonal Affective Disorder