PG Dip Psych Practice, PG Dip Dev Psych, M Genetic Psych, B Psych, MAPS.
Meggy Delaunay is a registered Psychologist able to treat clients of all ages, however her specialty is working with children and adolescents. Meggy has several years’ experience in Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Play Therapy and Psychoanalytic Therapy, as well as extensive training in Family Therapy.
Meggy has a non-judgemental and respectful approach. She offers a professional and warm environment and takes the time to build a therapeutic relationship with her clients. Meggy believes in the importance of clients understanding the reason for therapy (no matter what their age), and makes sure that they are engaged in the therapeutic process. Meggy enjoys working with individuals and groups.
Over the past 15 years, Meggy has worked as a psychologist in Australia, New Zealand, and Reunion Island (a French island in the Indian Ocean). She has experience in both public and private settings, and is experienced in working with clients from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Psychology for Children & Adolescents
Meggy has been professionally involved in hospital services (Diabetes and Child Development), not for profit organisations, Department of Child Safety, and centres specialising in the support of children with disabilities, in particular physical disability and children diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome or Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Meggy’s fields of expertise include (list not exhaustive):
- Cognitive assessments for children and adolescents experiencing difficulties at school, including written reports of findings and recommendations. A cognitive assessment provides a clearer picture of the client’s thinking and reasoning abilities and can also be part of a more detailed assessment (query, dyslexia, dyscalculia and memory issues);
- Supporting young clients living with a chronic condition such as Type 1 Diabetes;
- Helping children and adolescents to better cope with anxiety, anger, grief and self-esteem issues;
- Helping children and adolescents to become self-motivated, and find solutions to their difficulties
- Family Therapy;
- Bullying or Social Issues;
- Childhood and Teenage Depression;
- Parenting Issues – Meggy is a Parentshop® licensed practitioner in the “1-2-3 Magic® and Emotion Coaching” program (helping parents and carers to manage difficult behaviour in 2-12 year olds), and also the “Engaging Adolescents®” program;
- and a number of other childhood concerns.
Meggy can also provide personalised treatment for adults dealing with anxiety and depression (including postnatal depression), and individuals struggling with relationship issues.
A registered Psychologist in Australia, New Zealand and France, Meggy can provide therapy sessions in English and French.
Phone 1800 877 924 to make an appointment with Brisbane psychologist Meggy Delaunay, or book online.
Articles of Interest by Psychologist Meggy Delaunay:
- Adjustment Disorder in Children
- Anxiety in Children
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Bullying and Cyber-Bullying are not OK
- Childhood Sleep Problems
- Children and Divorce
- Cognitive Assessments for Children and Adolescents
- Feeling Homesick?
- Grief in Childhood
- Handling School Refusal
- Is My Child Ready for School?
- Low Self Esteem in Children and Adolescents
- Non-Suicidal Self-Injury
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Selective Mutism
- Surviving Toddler Tantrums
- Talking to Kids about Disasters
- Teenagers and Sexting
- The Homework Debate
- Type 1 Diabetes in Children and Teens
- Weight Problems & Obesity in Childhood