Dip Mgt, B Psych (Hons), M Org Psych, MAPS.
Leonie Sanders is a Brisbane psychologist who specialises in the fields of organisational and counselling psychology.
She has over 30 years of experience working in a variety of sectors including: building; banking and finance; business development; employment; tertiary education; and public health.
The consultation skills Leonie developed while working in these positions include: change management; career counselling; self-esteem building; family counselling services; job capacity assessment; leadership development; psychological assessment; and social research. She applies a strong theoretical approach to all of her consultations and is an advocate of evidence-based practices.
Leonie’s paradigm of praxis is holistic and systemic dealing with organisations or families as systems of interrelationships, while dealing with the whole person physically, emotionally and socially.
Psychological services provided by Leonie include:
- Family counselling;
- Couples counselling;
- Individual counselling;
- Business systems improvement.
Leonie has authored a number of publications, reflecting her strong interest in working with clients from business/management backgrounds, or the older population:
- Sanders, L., Chang, A. & Ramis, M.A. (2015). The effectiveness of interventions that improve access to in-home health and social care services information for older people: a systematic review protocol. JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports, (In press).
- Sanders, L. (2009). Investigation of ageist attitudes towards older people, perceived discrimination and life satisfaction within an Australian context. Masters Dissertation, Mt Gravatt: Griffith University.
- Sanders, L. (2005). Financial Abuse of Older people: A Queensland perspective. Brisbane: Elder Abuse Prevention Unit.
- Sanders, L. (2004). Demands, resources and gender: an investigation of work-family conflict and family-work conflict for Australian managers using the conservation of resources model. Honours Dissertation, Mt Gravatt: Griffith University.
To make an appointment with Brisbane Psychologist Leonie Sanders, you can try
Online Booking – Mt Gravatt or call Vision Psychology (Mt Gravatt) on (07) 3088 5422.