B Arts (Psychology & Music); Grad Dip in Pastoral Counselling;
PG Dip in Psychology; Grad Cert in Case Management;
Grad Cert in Educational Studies (Career Development);
STAP; MAPS; MCCoun.
Please Note: Naomi is not currently practising at Vision Psychology, but is continuing to provide supervision for provisional (including 4+2 and 5+1) and registered psychologists, and for ministry agents in the wider Christian community. If you would like information regarding supervision, or want to book an appointment with a Christian psychologist, please contact Reception on 1800 877 924.
Naomi Griffin is a Counselling Psychologist who has a special interest in Christian Counselling. As a STAP accredited supervisor, Naomi provides professional supervision to people working in Christian Ministry, and to psychologists with provisional or general registration (particularly those working towards endorsement in Counselling Psychology).
Naomi has over ten years of experience counselling in a variety of settings, including private practice, employment services and tertiary education. She uses a range of evidence-based therapeutic methods, giving her a versatility in her counselling approach. Coming with a genuine respect for each of her clients, Naomi has always felt privileged to share in a client’s journey.
At Vision Psychology, Naomi is able to assist clients with concerns such as:
- Spiritual direction in either the Christian faith or within your own faith tradition
- Mindfulness and meditation practices
- Study / Career guidance
- Adjustment to major life transitions such as moving house, or the end of a long term relationship
- Bulimia and Binge Eating Disorders
- Anxiety and Stress
- Grief and loss
When you come to see Naomi, she creates a relaxed and non-judgmental place for you to open up at your own pace. You may wish to bring just one concern to the counselling room, or many. She believes in a teamwork approach with her clients, so you will be invited to bring your ideas and comments to the table so that together you create tailor-made strategies for homework with the aim of improving your wellbeing overall.
The most important aspect to counselling is that you, the client, feel comfortable in sharing your story and also your concerns with your counsellor, and so Naomi invites your feedback in order to make the working relationship of most use to you.
Articles of Interest by Naomi Griffin:
- Am I Going Crazy?!
- Christian Counselling
- Counselling Psychology Supervision
- Diagnosis: Diabetes
- Evolution of your Personal Faith
- Finding Meaning and Purpose
- Grief and Loss Counselling
- How to Help Somebody with Depression
- Letting Go of Guilt
- Living with Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Narrative Therapy for Career Guidance
- Narrative Therapy for Trauma
- Navigating Church Politics
- Personal Boundaries
- Spiritual Direction
- Supervision for Christian Ministry
- The Dating Scene
- The Golden Rule
- What is Narrative Therapy?