I am a provisionally registered psychologist with Vision Psychology. My passion for helping people and psychology began while working with migrants, refugees, and other complex population groups whom required assistance in rehabilitating their lives and recovering from traumatic life experiences.
I am an empathetic and caring person who has enjoyed working in both the community sector and now the private sector. Reflecting upon my experiences in the community sector, I embrace a solution-focused approach to counselling which honours the client as the expert of their own life. Working within a therapeutic framework, I provide an individualised therapy plan tailored to the clients’ specific needs, and then enjoy walking beside my client as they embark upon their journey towards greater health and wellbeing. Throughout this journey, I will assist my clients in gaining insight into themselves, their life, and then share various strategies to apply to their life and individual situations.
Areas of Interest
Throughout my studies and work experience so far, I have developed a special interest in helping individuals during a broad range of life transitions, including women’s personal challenges and trauma related pathologies.
Community Development and Customer Liaison Officer
Provisional Psychologists at Vision Psychology are dedicated to community development and liaising with clients to find appropriate services. I am able to visit your community organisation and discuss ways in which our clinics can effectively work together. I have engaged with Christian and non-profit organisations to provide mental health services and assessments.
If you would like to book an appointment, please phone 1800 877 924 or try online booking – Mt Gravatt.
Please Note: I am not able to see clients who wish to claim private health or Medicare rebates and thus offer consultations are at a reduced rate. As a Provisional Psychologists I am supervised by senior psychologists in the clinic in a similar way that registrars (doctors) are supervised by senior doctors. I am only able to provide psychology services that are consistent with my training and level of expertise.
Articles of interest by Sarah Dunstone
- History of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual
- Top ten tips for a better night’s sleep
- Benefits of Childhood Intelligence Testing
- Introduction to PTSD
- The Human Side of Heart Break
- Telling My Story
- How CBT and Effective Communication can help clients with an Intellectual Disability
- What is Adaptive Behaviour and How is it Measured?
- Formal Measures of Adaptive Behaviour
- Is PMS a Mental Health Condition?
Sarah’s Almanac of Ailments and Treatments
- Acute Stress and Acute Stress Disorder
- What is burnout?
- Childhood Stuttering
- What is CBT?
- Daddy Blues: Perinatal Anxiety and Depression in Men
- Depression and Anxiety in New Families
- Depression and Depressive Disorders
- What is IPT?
- Life as a New Parent
- The Loss of a Baby during Pregnancy – Miscarriage Support
- Self-Care for New Parents
- LGBTIQ Families