Terms and Conditions for Report Requests
Report requests may be offered by your mental health professional if they deem themselves suited to writing the report requested. The process for paying and collecting a report are as follows:
- Your Clinician must first confirm with you in session or prior to session that your request is in their range of expertise.
- If your sole purpose for attending is to gain a report, then you may send a confidential email to Psych@visionpsychology.com and request advice on who performs these reports. There are dozens of distinct types of reports and not all clinicians have the knowledge or skills to author or assess what is needed.
- All reports must be confirmed as within the expertise of your Clinician, quoted and paid in full before the assessment commences.
- Many reports will require a series of appointments, plus the time to write a report. Reports cost the hourly rate per page that your Clinician charges. Reports may be a few pages or more than a dozen, depending on the detail needed. This applies with the exception of referrals from Work Cover, NDIS, insurance companies or other third-party providers.
Third party providers: Full payment from third party providers is kindly requested upon receipt of our Tax Invoice and before any feedback is given or test results and any associated reports are released
Many clients find out midway in attending a Clinician that they later need a report. The Clinician may offer to write this or refer to a colleague in the practice or externally depending on the assessment and report needed.
Legal reports will always require your lawyer to direct the Clinician on what they need. Clients often misunderstand that a letter/report will help. It may help or may hinder depending on the situation. Health reports or diagnostic reports often require follow-up by a doctor, psychiatrist or pediatrician.
Report Terms & Conditions:
The following are the terms and conditions of reports requested by you or another party:
- That you have checked that the Clinician you have selected has agreed to supply the report.
- That you are willing and will seek a quote from the Clinician in writing for report. This will be emailed from our reception team. This quote may include the sessions needed prior to writing or the report as a stand-alone item on its own.
- Where you are required to attend a designated number of sessions with your Clinician before the report can be written, you must attend those sessions.
- That you agree to pay in full for the report at least 7 days prior to receiving the report. We do not start authoring reports until after payment has been received.
- You acknowledge the contents of the report may or may not help your situation and that you gave all relevant documents to the Clinician before you requested the report.
- You acknowledge that your Clinician has the right to refuse a report request if the complexities of the request are such that it becomes apparent the Clinician is no longer able to expertly manage its provision.
- Reports will be collectable from our reception between 7 and 14 days (about 2 weeks) after payment (unless the report request requires 3rd party involvement).
- You acknowledge that if the report request involves 3rd party involvement, that the report may not be provided for 8 weeks, as often other parties take 4-6 weeks to respond to a request, and once your Clinician has received information from the 3rd party, they require up to 2 weeks to write the report.
- If the report is needed for yourself or a family member, you will be required to attend and pay for a feedback session as part of the process. Reports are not released to clients unless the opportunity has been given to go over the report and associated findings in a feedback session.