BAdVocEd; GradCert Sp Ed;
MSocWk(ProfQual); MHumServ (Rehab Counsel);
GDipCouns; GCert MentalHlthPrac;
Member AASW, AMHSW, Member ASORC.
Maree is a Mental Health Accredited Social Worker with over 20 years’ experience working with vulnerable groups of people in the human services, health and education sectors within government, at a federal and state level as well as in the private and not for profit sector.
Maree is passionate about education and empowering people of all abilities through a strengths-based approach. She embraces the concept that learning is lifelong. Her aims are to support the needs of the individual client, believing that they are the expert in their own lives.
Is it me or is it my relationship?
- Do you feel like you need to talk to someone about your relationship?
- Are you always second guessing yourself?
- Do you wonder if you are too sensitive?
- You don’t trust your own judgement and decisions any more.
- You find yourself constantly apologising.
- You always make excuses for your partner’s behaviour.
- You don’t feel like you can do anything right?
Have you heard of the term gaslighting?
You could be a victim …
Maree has experience working with females, males and children affected by family and domestic violence. She understands the difficult and complex nature of domestic violence and the lasting effects it can have on everyone. Maree is non-judgemental and compassionate and is available for consultations and counselling at any stage of your relationship.
Maree has a wide range of practice areas and therapies to draw from, including:
- Trauma and mental health impacts on education;
- Depression and other mood disorders;
- Anxiety disorder;
- Personality disorder;
- Suicidal thoughts;
- Self harm;
- Relationship problems;
- Workplace issues;
- Change management
- Adjustment issues;
- Grief and loss; and
- Trauma including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Therapies and Techniques
Some of the therapies and techniques which Maree incorporates into therapy include:
- Trauma Informed Practice;
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT);
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT);
- Solution-focused Therapy;
- Mindfulness and relaxation strategies such as visualisation and breathing techniques;
- Narrative Therapy;
- Psychoeducation; and skills training such as:
- Domestic Violence
- Working with children who self-harm
- Problem solving
- Stress management
- Anger management
- Social Skills
- Anxiety management
- Parent management.
Maree has written articles and delivered presentations to the Queensland College of Adult Literacy regarding Trauma Informed Practice in the Adult Learner’s classroom; practical strategies to help adults learn; and Mindfulness and Mindfulness Activities for the classroom.
To make an appointment try Online Booking. Alternatively, you can call Vision Psychology Brisbane on (07) 3088 5422.