BHlthSc (Nutr & Diet), MSc (Diet), APD.
Ashleigh Hamilton is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian and an Accredited Nutritionist, with a Masters in Dietetics and a Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition Major) both from the University of Queensland.
Ashleigh is passionate about a whole of body approach to health, encompassing both physical and mental aspects, and believes that moderation and balance are vital to creating meaningful change.
Although Ashleigh is able to see all clients, her area of special interest is working with youth with mental health issues. She believes that nutrition plays a vital role in managing mental illness and that this is especially important in young people as they are still developing both mentally and physically.
Growing up, Ashleigh lived on a small farm on the Mid North Coast of NSW, which is where her passion for health and nutrition developed. This experience meant that she grew up eating fresh, whole foods and spent a lot of time being active outdoors.
Ashleigh is a strong believer in working with people to make lifestyle changes that will benefit their health for the future. This involves helping people change their behaviour using a range of counselling techniques including aspects of cognitive behavioural therapy, mindfulness and person-centred therapy.
Some of the services Ashleigh provides are:
- Management of medication side effects (including weight gain, metabolic changes, GI issues);
- Eating disorders and irregular eating patterns;
- Eating for mental health and mood;
- Managing symptoms of anxiety and depression;
- Autism and other developmental disorders;
- Chronic diseases including diabetes, cardiovascular disease & overweight/obesity issues;
- Digestive health including IBS, food allergies and intolerances.
Rebates may be available for patients referred by their GP under a chronic disease management plan, and private health rebates may also apply with eligible extras cover from some health funds.
To make an appointment with Accredited Practicing Dietitian and Nutritionist, Ashleigh Hamilton, try Online Booking – Mt Gravatt or call Vision Psychology (Mt Gravatt) on (07) 3088 5422.
Information Pages by Brisbane Dietitian and Nutritionist, Ashleigh Hamilton:
- CBT for Weight Loss
- Chronic Disease Management Plans
- Fussy Eating and Autism
- How Diet can help with Quitting Alcohol
- IBS and Anxiety: The Facts
- Is Too Much Water Bad for Us?
- Managing Weight on Antipsychotic Medications
- Natural Food Remedies for Depression
- The Facts About Anorexia Nervosa
- The Negative Effects of Dieting
- Ways to Increase Serotonin
- What About Bulimia and Binge Eating Disorders?