B Sc (Psych), MA (Psych), PG Cert Mgmt,
Grad Dip Safety Science, MAPS.
Nicole Wimmer is a registered psychologist and has been a full member of the Australian Psychological Society since 1999.
Help for Career & Work Issues
Nicole has worked extensively in the area of workplace health and rehabilitation, including vocational counselling and assessment; adjustment to disability and pain management; workplace stress and mediation; and presentation and performance anxiety.
Work stress not only impacts your work life but also affects your enjoyment of social activities, ability to function well in your family, engage in fulfilling personal relationships, focus on your study, ability to manage your weight and sleep patterns. Being able to manage this component of our lives is a critical factor in maintaining psychological wellbeing. Nicole can work with you to look at different strategies to manage this important aspect of your life.
Surrogacy Counselling & Infertility Support
Nicole has an interest in working with individuals and couples going through fertility treatment including those considering the use of donors and surrogates. She has personal experience in IVF treatment. Nicole is a member of both ANZICA (Australian and New Zealand Infertility Counsellors Association) and FSA (Fertility Society Australia). She is able to prepare reports for clinics prior to commencing a Surrogacy or Donor arrangement.
The Challenges of Parenthood
A mum herself, Nicole is also very keen to assist parents to learn strategies to allow them to better experience the sometimes challenging world of parenthood. Becoming a mum closer to 40 can be fulfilling yet can require considerable adjustment. It can be quite isolating and having some support during this time can improve your overall experience.
Nicole has a relaxed and engaging approach to therapy, and draws on a variety of evidence-based approaches to individually tailor a plan to suit each client. Her therapeutic orientation is a combination of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT).
While addressing current presenting issues with clients, Nicole also focuses on developing skills in the client to better equip them to deal with future challenges as they arise.
Some of the issues Nicole is able to provide support and guidance for include:
- Depression/ Anxiety/ Stress;
- Pain management;
- Adjustment to disability;
- Career challenges – preparing for interviews, return from parental leave, career change, redundancy;
- Grief and Loss;
- Work Life Balance/ Work stress;
- Social anxiety;
- Adjustment to parenthood including single parenthood;
- Support for fertility issues, including IVF, surrogacy and donor counselling and report provision.
Please note, due to current workload Nicole is only seeing new clients over 18 years.
Articles of Interest by Nicole Wimmer:
- Are you Suffering from Work Stress?
- Building Resilience in Teens and Pre-Teens
- Choosing to Have a Baby on your Own
- Chronic Pain Management
- Dealing with Cyber Bullying
- Help for Losing Weight
- Is Anxiety Controlling your Life?
- Overcoming Superwoman Syndrome
- Preparing for Job Interviews
- Ready to Give Dieting the Flick?
- Support for your IVF Journey
- What is Acute Stress Disorder?